2011年10月27日木曜日

10/27 Number

Today I had the midterm exam on UCLA.
We made financial modeling to value a company.
It was not so difficult, but I wanted to get a perfect score, so I am not sure that I made it.

To prepare for this exam, I read annual reports these days.
Numbers have me feel secure because they are the same as in Japan.
However, I can't help reading them in my heart in Japanese.
Therefore, to some degree, it deprived me of the time studying English.
Anyway, I thought it awful, and then now I'm trying to count numbers in English.

It sounds awesome if I count numbers by each two digits.

31536000       thirty-one million five thirty-six thousand  
525600            five twenty-five thousand six hundred
8760                eighty-seven sixty
365                 three sixty-five
12                    twelve
1                      one

numbers are the same.
numbers are felt relieved.
I count them by two.


"we're one
but we're not the same
we get to
carry each other
carry each other
one..."

(U2 "one")

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿